These golden brown, soft, dense & chewy Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies are bursting with peanut butter flavor, chewy & crispy bits of Butterfinger candy and drizzles of milk chocolate on top.
These are the perfect cookies for Halloween parties because they have a candy cookie combination that rocks!
We decided to drizzle some chocolate on top of our cookies, so we could even add more Butterfinger bits on top of the cookies, so you get them melted inside the cookies and on top.
By drizzling the chocolate on top, the Butterfinger bits stick right to the chocolate and makes them look pretty rock n’ rollin’.
You could also dip these cookies in melted chocolate and add the Butterfinger bits to the melted side of the cookie.
White chocolate drizzles would also be a nice compliment to these cookies as well for the fall and winter holidays with some added Butterfinger candy sprinkles!
Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfingers Regular sized - chopped in small pieces (reserve 1 1/2 bars for tops of cookies after chopping them up)
- 1 cup chocolate chips for melting for drizzles on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix in 3 1/2 Butterfingers, chopped into dough.
- Using medium scoop, (2 tablespoons worth) and scoop cookies onto baking sheet, with option to use fork for criss/cross. Leave room for cookies to spread.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or golden brown. Remove and let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cookie rack. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until chocolate is smooth. Place chocolate in pastry bag or ziplock bag with snipped tip and drizzle on top of cookies or dip half of the cookie in chocolate.
- Add more Butterfinger chopped bits to top of cookies on wet chocolate and let set until chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
Source: The Farm Girl Recipes