Indulge in these super moist Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Bars for a sweet morning breakfast treat or delicious afternoon snack. Graciously packed with heart healthy oats, small chunks of apples and cinnamon chips in oatmeal in bar form, these are perfect for on-the-go breakfast and snacking.
They are substantially healthier than a packaged breakfast bar, and can be be easily modified with different add-ins based on your own taste.
The cinnamon chips could easily be replaced with a teaspoon of cinnamon if you don’t have cinnamon chips, as well as chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch or salted caramel chips. Raisins, dried cranberries or cherries would be excellent add-ins as well. You can control what you put in them when adding in your favorite add-ins!
Made with staple pantry items, these are so easy to make and they can be stored for a few days or frozen for months!
To freeze, allow the baked oatmeal to cool completely, then slice into bars. Store in individual portions in freezer-safe zip-lock bags or containers, then thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying.
Because these oatmeal bars are nutritious, delicious and filling, it’s definitely something the whole family can enjoy throughout the week.
Try this Vegan Apple Fritter Cake, these Cranberry Orange Banana Bread Muffins or these Chewy & Fudgy Butterscotch Squares for more delicious snacking!
Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cups HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chip can also use mini chocolate, salted caramel or peanut butter chips
- 1 apple diced small
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and baking soda and add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in oats, cinnamon chips and apples. (batter will be stiff).
- Spread batter into lightly greased, parchment lined or foil in 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool & cut into bars.
Recipe from Hershey’s with slight modifications.