This creamy Smoked Gouda Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta will soon become one of your favorites at the dinner table. Perfect for meatless Mondays or anytime you’re craving a comforting pasta dish loaded with hearty mushrooms and robust sun-dried tomatoes in a creamy smoked gouda cheese sauce . It’s magnifico!
This superb combination of smoked gouda, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and pasta is so dreamy good!
Have you ever had sun-dried tomatoes?
They are so delicious! Sun-dried tomatoes will provide a unique deliciousness to your recipes. Picked at the peak of ripeness, vine-ripened tomatoes are dried slowly in the warm sun for seven to ten days and cooled in the evenings. Partial re-hydration occurs by this slow sun-drying process, producing sweet full-bodied dried red tomatoes. As the moisture evaporates, the flavor intensifies.
It has an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C and are low in calories, cholesterol-free, contain potassium, folate and provide dietary fiber.
Serve it with a side house or Caesar salad, a nice crusty Italian loaf and some vino right at home, without a lot of fuss while you prepare. In less than 20 minutes, you get a super yummy pasta dish that tastes out of this world delicious!
For more protein, add some grilled chicken, scallops or shrimp. Kale or spinach can also be added for a healthy boost to your dish. YUM!
Love Pasta? We do too! You’ll find lots of pasta dishes as we build our recipe database up, but enjoy this Easy Italian Spinach Mushroom Pasta and this 20 Minute Caprese Pasta Salad for starters! So come back often and see what’s cookin’? Pasta is one of our absolute favorites!
Smoked Gouda Sun-dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta of choice
- 2 ¼ cups veggie or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice or 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. smoked Gouda shredded (could also use parmesan cheese)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or up to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil could also use parsley
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add sliced mushrooms and garlic for 3 minutes. Add diced sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat.
- In a large skillet or pot, add broth to mushrooms/sundried tomato mixture and cook on medium heat to absorb the vegetables for a couple of minutes. Then add milk/cream and bring to boil just for a short moment. Add shredded smoked gouda cheese and cook the sauce, stirring, for a couple of minutes, on low-medium heat until the cheese melts. Add basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another medium/large pot, boil water and cook pasta to al dente and drain well. (Can be boiling water for pasta while you are making sauce to save even more time, if you wish.)
- Add pasta to sauce and toss together. Serve.