This Easy Sausage Crescent Roll Bake is definitely a hit with the family. It’s super tasty and so easy to prepare, so it’s a hit with the cook as well. It’s perfect to toss in the oven for a hearty breakfast or brunch casserole when you’re feeding the family or a crowd over the weekends and holidays.
You can’t go wrong with sausage, eggs, cheese and crescent rolls, can you? That would be insane! You can build this bake to suit your own preferences! Use your favorite veggies, meats and cheeses and make it your own!
We also had this Overnight Cinnamon French Toast Bake with the sausage casserole this year. We also love our Easy Orange Cream Cinnamon Rolls and this Loaded Fluffy Breakfast Bake! Can you feel the love?
We had this for Christmas morning and the whole family loved it. To keep it warm, after it was done baking and the oven was turned off, I add some tin-foil on top and covered the casserole and stuck it back in the oven to keep it hot until we were ready to serve it.
Microwaves nicely as well, per serving for 20-30 seconds, add more time if needed. Enjoy!!
Easy Sausage Crescent Roll Bake
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 8 ounce package crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 1/4 cup for top of casserole - optional
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella + 1/4 cup for top of casserole - optional
- 6 eggs Can add up to 10 eggs for thicker egg bake
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Cook sausage over medium heat until browned completely. Drain off excess grease..
- Unroll crescent roll dough in prepared pan, sealing the seams.
- Sprinkle sausage evenly, then follow up with cheeses on top of dough.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheeses. Add extra cheese on top if you wish. I added about 1/4 cup of each cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe slightly adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen