This noodle dish is our new favorite! Who needs takeout when you can have this Mongolian Noodle recipe in less than 20 minutes! Made with ground beef simmered in a scrumptious Mongolian sauce tossed with perfectly cooked linguine noodles.
It’s perfect when you want something fast, satisfying and immensely full-flavored. Hop on board!
This simple-to-make Mongolian sauce is super yummy, a little spicy and full of unique flavors bursting out! We used soy sauce, molasses, brown sugar, peanut butter, cornstarch, ginger, garlic, beef broth and red pepper flakes and thickened it up with the ground beef, so it adheres to the noodles nicely.
This sauce is incredible and is made with everyday ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry. You will definitely love it and it can modified easily with more soy sauce, more brown sugar, more garlic, even more red pepper to your liking once you’ve taste-tested it after it’s finished!
If you just want to make the ground beef with the Mongolian sauce, you can switch out the linguine with rice, simply by just adding the meat sauce on top of your rice.
Add some stir-fry veggies like red peppers, onions, broccoli or whatever your little heart desires if you wish.
I love adding some extra red pepper flakes or some sliced green onion on top before serving. You can control the spice in the sauce. It tastes super yummy with the spice in it and all those flavors really makes those noodles pop!
I’m not into spicy, but with the other flavors in the sauce it all seems to come together without a hitch and I’m hooked! We all are and now my family is asking for this non-stop! That’s how good it is! This recipe is SO fast, easy and delicious, you won’t want to miss out! Enjoy!
Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup soy sauce we used reduced sodium
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes extra if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 oz box of linguine spaghetti, or rice noodles
- green onion and/or crushed red pepper optional
- Start water to boil, once boiling cook pasta according to box instructions.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain and set aside.
- In same pan you used ground beef in, add soy sauce, cornstarch, beef broth, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper and whisk together until combined, stirring over medium heat. Once sauce is heated, add peanut butter until melted in and thickened. Add ground beef to sauce.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and transfer back to pan. Pour sauce over drained noodles and stir to coat.
- Serve with chopped green onion and/or crushed red pepper, if desired.