Bring out the Loaded Fluffy Breakfast Bake for any Holiday brunch or weekend breakfast. We love to make it so we have leftovers to eat the next day. It’s loaded with diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, browned ham, fresh eggs and cheese and baked to perfection for a fluffy egg casserole delight!
This egg bake recipe is wonderful because it goes along great with so many other things besides pancakes like bacon, fried potatoes, french toast & cinnamon rolls! Can you see how this going down? Buffet brunch style is always a family favorite!!
It’s made in a 9×13 pan, so it feeds a large hungry group of mongrels!
This creamy, cheesy egg loaded bake is healthy-ish because it does have a lot of veggies included but we cut down the cholesterol a bit, with not having tons of eggs if you’re looking for something that is more heart-healthy. It’s full of protein and it has 2 secret ingredients.
#1 Secret Ingredient: Bisquick helps make it fluffy and gives it a nice texture.
#2 Secret Ingredient: The other secret weapon is using Egg Beaters. You still use 9 eggs, but you also use Egg Beaters, which are made from egg whites. They contain the same quality protein in shelled eggs, but with less calories and zero fat or cholesterol.
Other add-ins to consider option-wise? Throw in some spinach, black olives, red pepper. Maybe some salsa or hot sauce for a spicy bite on the side.
Loaded Fluffy Breakfast Bake
- Fluffy Loaded Breakfast Bake
- Fluffy Loaded Breakfast Bake for the weekend special occasions and when you want to impress! So yummy!
- Author: Kim Lange / Loren Lange
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 9 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups Egg Beaters
- 1/3 cup Bisquick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups ham diced and browned
- 1 large green pepper diced
- ½ large sweet onion diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh mushrooms rough chopped
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 pan, by spraying with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the 2 ½ cups of egg beaters and 9 large eggs together with with cooled melted butter.
- Whisk the bisquick and salt and pepper into the egg mixture, there will be some lumps, that is ok. (That makes it fluffy)
- Pour ½ the egg mixture into your 9x13 pan, then add in the ham, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms then add the cheese on top of the vegetables and ham.
- Pour the remainder of the egg mixture on top of everything.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until firm.
- Let breakfast bake sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe from The Baking ChocolaTess