These Simply Delicious Pancakes From Scratch are so soft, fluffy and tempting! How could you ever resist these!
Just stack those heavenly pancakes up. Pour some warmed maple syrup on top and just wait for those mouthfuls of maple-drenched pancakes to melt right into your mouth!
These Simply Delicious Pancakes From Scratch are the best! I love that you can have them for breakfast, dinner, late-night or as a snack! Pssssst…Don’t forget weekends!
Sometimes when we make them, we double or triple the batch so we can put the leftovers in the freezer. Then, when the pancake attack hits, which is all the time, you just have to microwave them a few minutes and you’re good to go!
I don’t think the frozen versions you can buy are very good. They don’t even come close when you’re comparing to the home-made ones out of the freezer.
BTW…Have you ever tried those? Blah…
You most likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen, so you have no excuses and it couldn’t be easier! Just a few ingredients whisked together and BOOM! You get the most lovely pancakes.
Besides, don’t you just love the smell of pancakes on the griddle wafting through the house? Umm…is this a trick question? Of course we love it!
Other Pancakes We Adore!
- The Best Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- The Best Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 20 Amazing Pancake Recipes to Dive Into!
Let’s make some breakfast!
Simply Delicious Pancakes From Scratch
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 1 pinch salt
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: Blueberries chocolate chips Bananas
- In a small bowl, pour milk and vinegar together and set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick electric skillet to Medium High heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, oil and milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Let mixture sit for 2 minutes or so and give another quick whisk.
- Spray skillet with non-stick butter spray or you can use butter or oil, whatever preference you wish.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup as your guide, forming 5 inch circles, pour mixture of 2-4 cakes in the skillet.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm, with maple syrup, your favorite toppings or dust with powdered sugar.
- NOTE: Substitution: If you prefer, you can use 1 1/4 cup buttermilk and omit milk and vinegar.
- Recipe makes 8-10 pancakes, so depending how many people you have, you may want to double or triple recipe by servings needed.