When we want something really easy and full of flavor, this Easy Turkey Spanish Rice dish is definitely a winner.
It’s so easy to throw together and we get a lot of help with a little help from our friend Fiesta Sides Spanish Rice. To make it extra delicious, we add in canned tomato chunks, sauteed green pepper, onion and ground turkey, plus some seasonings ya know…so it’s supreme-o!
For a spice factor, you can make it as spicy as you want by throwing in some chili pepper, hot sauce, jalapenos and/or red pepper flakes to rev that spice up!
This is a great meal or side dish that you could easily add some avocado slices, chopped green onion or some sliced black olives on top.
And if you’re into cheese, you can add in some queso cheese or cheddar cheese either by adding it in when the dish is complete to let it melt in or you can add it on top.
Other fill-in options?
Try some seasoned black beans, kidney beans or some canned or frozen corn. We like to use the fiesta corn in the can. Just make sure you drain the canned foods, because the liquid will change the taste of the dish and you’ll lose that tomato spiced flavor.
See in the notes of the recipe other options you can make with this rice dish.
Enjoy and keep the positive vibes flowing!!
Easy Turkey Spanish Rice - Vegetarian Version too!
- Oil for sauteeing pepper and onion
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 box 11.5 oz Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Spanish Rice plus 4 cups water + 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 28 oz large cans diced tomatoes do not drain
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional additions: drained corn drained beans avocado, garlic, chili powder, sharp shredded cheddar cheese, queso cheese, black olives, jalapenos, hot sauce
- Chop up green pepper and onion and start sauteeing on medium heat, iin nonstick skillet with oil. Add in ground turkey and finish cooking the turkey mixture off, then drain.
- While you are cooking turkey, in a large saucepan, add 4 cups of water; bring to a boil. Stir in Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Spanish Rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add in the cooked turkey mixture into the rice mixture, along with the canned tomato chunks.
- At this point, if you want to add in any spices add in it at this time, then add in salt and pepper to taste. I like to add in some extra chili powder and a little garlic powder, but it’s purely your call. It’s perfectly fine as is. So use your favorites and even glam it up with some drained corn or beans.
- It’s really good and with some avocado and queso cheese and black olives too! YUM!
Can also make this a casserole, add the whole mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and cover with shredded cheese and bake for 20 minutes or so.
For vegetarian version, omit turkey.