Smoked Gouda Sun-dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
This creamy Smoked Gouda Sun-dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta will soon become one of your favorites at the dinner table. Perfect for meatless Mondays or anytime you’re craving a comforting pasta dish loaded with hearty mushrooms and robust sun-dried tomatoes in a creamy smoked gouda cheese sauce . It’s magnifico!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
- 8 oz. uncooked pasta of choice
- 2 ¼ cups veggie or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice or 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. smoked Gouda shredded (could also use parmesan cheese)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or up to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil could also use parsley
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
Heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add sliced mushrooms and garlic for 3 minutes. Add diced sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat.
In a large skillet or pot, add broth to mushrooms/sundried tomato mixture and cook on medium heat to absorb the vegetables for a couple of minutes. Then add milk/cream and bring to boil just for a short moment. Add shredded smoked gouda cheese and cook the sauce, stirring, for a couple of minutes, on low-medium heat until the cheese melts. Add basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
In another medium/large pot, boil water and cook pasta to al dente and drain well. (Can be boiling water for pasta while you are making sauce to save even more time, if you wish.)
Add pasta to sauce and toss together. Serve.