20 Minute Caprese Pasta Salad
This 20 Minute Caprese Mozzarella Tomato Pasta Salad is gonna be the ultimate side dish for your next BBQ, potluck or picnic. It’s so refreshing, light, quick and easy to throw together
- 1 pound bowtie or rotini pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- 8 or 12 oz fresh or marinated mozzarella balls chopped)
- 1 can 2.25 oz sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- Optional: 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 - 1 cup Italian salad dressing or dressing of choice or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place a large pot of salted water over high heat; bring to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 to 8 minutes.
When the pasta has finished cooking, drain it at once and quickly rinse it under cold water until cool, about 1 minute.
Place cooled pasta in a large mixing bowl.
Add dressing to pasta, then add the tomatoes, olives, basil, onion, and mozzarella balls. Toss to combine.
Serve at once, or chill until needed.
Pasta salad may be made and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.