Country Sweet Pea Salad
This easy, throw-together Country Sweet Pea Salad is one of those salads perfect for a delicious summer bbq side, potlucks and carry-ins. It tastes so good with the frozen sweet garden peas, chopped hard-boiled eggs and chunks of sharp cheddar cheese all coated in a tangy mayo dressing.
- 1 bag or 12 oz frozen sweet peas or baby peas. almost thawed but not completely
- 4 to 5 boiled eggs chopped or sliced
- 4 ounces or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise we used Miracle Whip Olive Oil Mayo but you can use Hellman's
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or milk of choice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Optionals: bacon chopped onion, celery, parsley
Place peas, chopped egg, cheese and toss together in a large bowl.
Add in any other add-ins if you choose to, then add in the mayo, vinegar, sour cream/milk, salt and pepper and mix together.
Taste test and add in more mayo, a splash of lemon or or whatever you need to make it perfect.
Let the salad chill in the fridge for at least an hour after preparing it. Watch it disappear!