Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These delicious Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a hit even if you aren’t into healthy. But it sounds way better when you know deep-down they are healthy and they taste good at the same time. It’s like a win-win!
- 3/4 cup oat flour or gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats or 1 minute oats or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup sugar-free can be used
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice brown, coconut, white or sugar-free
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter or any nut butter
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips sugar-free and dairy-free can be used. Can also sub in raisins, dried cranberries, nuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well to combine. Add in the chocolate chunks and stir again.
Using a heaping tablespoon measure or 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, roll the cookies into balls and line them up on a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
Gently press down on the cookies to lightly flatten.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Cool for 2 minutes on the baking tray and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Devour!
- To make oat flour, just use a high tech blender or food processor and blend/process until oats resemble flour.
- Peanut Butter: Can sub any nut butter if desired.
- Oil - Needs to be room temperature, if you are using melted coconut oil.
- Chocolate - Use milk, dark, sugar-free, white or peanut butter chips.
Be sure to check out the Lakanto page to discover and try some of these products. Just fill in the discount code with thebakingchocolatess15, when you check out.
- Gluten free - Use gluten free oats for allergy and healthier options.
- Vegan - Use dairy-free chocolate chunks or chips, maple syrup, organic peanut butter and and organic sugars like coconut sugar or Zulka. For more options check out these vegan sugar companies.
- Keto - Use Keto maple syrup like Lakanto Maple Syrup and use your favorite healthy sugar like Lakanto Brown Sugar. Lakanto even has sugar-free chocolate chips, chocolate bars and all kinds of baking mixes and a lot more!